Covid-19 REOPENING PLAN
Southern Lakes Parks & Recreation (SLPR) is preparing for reinstating our programs and activities as well as reopening our office with the utmost care and thoughtfulness going into the safety of the public, our patrons and our staff. SLPR will do our part to remain diligent. We’re excited to launched our activities brochure online as we work to provide all the programs we can within the new safe standards so our Communities can get back to recreation! We are looking towards the future and realigning our safety measure in accordance to CDC Guidelines and Osha Guidance on Preparing the Workplace.
New practices and protocols have been developed to keep our staff, you and our instructors safe and to maintain operations in the safest way possible throughout all locations where SLPR’s programs are held.
Responsibilities of SLPR’s Employees / Instructors / Coordinators / Coaches / Volunteers
- We are asking everyone to become familiar with this Plan and to be prepared to answer questions from our community members and SLPR’s participants.
- We are requiring everyone to set a good example by following this Plan and by practicing good personal hygiene and safety practices to prevent the spread of disease.
- Frequently wash your hands with soap and water form at least 20 seconds.
- If soap and water are unavailable use alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Cover coughs and sneezes by using your elbow.
- Maintain 6ft safe distancing.
- Wear a mask when 6ft safe distancing is not possible or when indoors using public facilities that put you in contact with individuals face to face or when passing through common areas.
- Familiarize yourself with Covid-19 symptoms which includes:
- Fever (100.4 or greater)
- Atypical shortness of breath
- Atypical and continuous cough
- Gastric distress
- Loss of taste or smell
- Sustained Headache
- Sore throat
- We are requesting everyone be screened daily answering the “Pre-Screening Questionnaire”.
- Any person with positive symptoms will not be allowed to participate in work or in activities and should contact their healthcare provider.
- If you develop a fever or symptoms of respiratory illness, STAY HOME and call your supervisor. Likewise, if you come in contact with a symptomatic person, call your supervisor.
- If anyone exhibits Covid-19 symptoms during work or participation, that person must be sent home and remain at home until he/she is symptom free for 72 hours (3 full days) without the use of fever-reducing medicine.
- To the extent possible, SLPR will require everyone to obtain a doctor’s note to return.
- All employees whose job duties reasonably allow them to work from home, and as determined by SLPR’s discretion, will work from home. Employees necessary to conduct minimum basic operations or designated as critical infrastructure workers may be required to perform in-person responsibilities.
Employee Back to Work Guidelines
- Employees will enter through the staff/office entrance.
- Employees will be screened upon arrival for symptoms.
- If an employee is found to have a temperature above 100.4F they will not be allowed to work.
- All employees will be required to wash their hands or use sanitizer prior to entering the building and throughout the day as necessary.
- Employees workspaces will be required to be a minimum of six feet apart.
- Disinfect your workspace at the beginning of your work day and again every couple hours using an EPA approved cleaning product for Covid 19.
- Employees will not use other workers’ phones, desks, or work tools when possible. If they must, then properly disinfect after use and prior to returning the items.
- Masks will be required when engaging with the public.
- Be mindful and do not touch your face (especially your mouth, nose and eyes).
Visitors will be limited to a designated area, within social distance of 6ft, and will be asked to wear a mask.
Visitors are not allowed inside the office and will not be allowed to move freely throughout the facility.
Testing Positive for Covid-19
- Anyone who tests positive will be directed to self-quarantine.
- Anyone who tests positive and are symptom free, may return when at least 7 days have passed since the date of his/her first positive test and has not had a subsequent illness.
- You may return when:
- At least 72 hours (3 full days) have passed since recovery; and
- At least 7 days have passed since symptoms first appeared.
- You must provide documentation clearing you to return.
Close Contact with a Confirmed Positive Case of Covid-19
- Anyone who has come in close contact with an individual who has tested positive will be directed to self-quarantine for 14 days from the last date of close contact with that individual. Close contact is defined as 6ft for a period of time greater than 5 minutes.
- If SLPR learns that someone within SLPR has tested positive, SLPR will try to determine who may have had close contact with the confirmed-positive person in the prior 14 days and direct those individuals to self-quarantine for 14 days from the last date of close contact with someone at SLPR.
- Anyone who learns that he/she has come into close contact with a confirmed-positive individual outside of SLPR, he/she should alert a supervisor of the close contact and self-quarantine for 14 days form the last date of close contact.
- Except for circumstances where SLPR is legally required to report occurrences of communicable disease, the confidentiality of medical conditions will be maintained in accordance with applicable law.
- When it is required, the number of persons who will be informed that an unnamed SLPR individual has tested positive will be kept to the minimum needed to comply with reporting requirements and limited to the potential for transmission to others.
- SLPR reserves the right to inform others within SLPR if an unnamed person has been diagnosed with Covid-19 if the other person might have been exposed so that they may take measures to protect their own health.
Programming Protective Measures
- We are asking all instructors and participants to answer a “Pre-Screening Questionnaire” prior to partaking in SLPR activities.
- Any person with positive symptoms will not be allowed to participate in activities and should contact their healthcare provider.
- Gathering sizes will be regulated and determined by Government and Health Department officials.
- Contact between participants and instructors should be limited to the greatest extent possible during activities.
- Masks are encouraged during non-aerobic activities
- Activity times will be staggered to allow for proper cleaning.
- Participants and instructors will maintain six feet apart at all times.
- Tape or other barriers will be in place to guarantee safe distancing.
- Instructors will remain at the front of the class while instructing.
- Classes will not have more than 10 people indoors and no more than 100 outdoors.
- Spectators will not be allowed.
- Once the class begins, no late arrivals will be allowed to enter.
- Participants and instructors will use hand sanitizer when entering and leaving the class.
- Programs will be conducted in groups or small circles with the same group of participants always together.
- There will be no sharing of food or drinks, gum chewing, or spitting allowed.
- Adequate cleaning schedules will be implemented using the EPA recommended virus and bacteria sanitizing product.
- Before each activity, hard surfaces will be wiped down and sanitized.
- Hand sanitizer will be provided at each entrance and available to all.
- Bathrooms will be regularly monitored and sanitized after use.
Use of Equipment
- There will be no shared equipment, uniforms, shoes, water bottles, or towels.
- All equipment should be cleaned before and after each use.
Wear a mask when 6ft safe distancing is not possible or when indoors using public facilities that put you in contact with individuals face to face or when passing through common areas.
Covid 19 – Pre-Activity Health Screening Questionnaire
In an effort to minimize illness during activities we ask that you check on your health and/or the health of your participants before they will be partaking in SLPR activities.
SPECIFIC GUIDELINES PER CLASS LOCATION
World Martial Arts
1. Face Mask required (Student and parent)
2. Social distancing requirements of 6′ required.
3. Please bring your own water bottle.
4. If anyone in household is sick please do not attend class.
5. Call with any questions. 810-458-6363
- Social distancing requirements of 6′ required.
- Masks will not be required, but you can wear a mask if you choose.
- Parents are allowed to watch.
- Handshaking will not take place.
- If anyone in household is sick, please do not attend class.
- Please bring your own water bottle.
- Changing rooms will be closed. Please come dressed for class.