Our seniors in the area hold a special place in the hearts of the staff here at SLPR. We love our Friday chats with many of our friends from Senior Fridays. We love meeting new people as they arrive each week, and truly enjoy hearing the laughs from down the hall as the Senior Friday group plays bingo and enjoys the day out at the Fenton Community & Cultural Center. SLPR is working hard to increase activities for seniors in the area, and maintain free/low cost programming as much as possible for the senior population.
In addition to our Senior Fridays, SLPR also offers several other activities for our Seniors.
- Yoga (every Thursday night with our fabulous instructor, Tom Hauer)
- Chair Yoga (every Thursday morning at 11am)
- Pilates (with our amazing instructor Shirley!)
- Bollywood Dance (free luncheon event this past November with over 50+ seniors in attendance. We are already working on another fun November event for next year!)
- Senior Splash (at the Fenton High School Pool)
- Open Swim (at the Fenton High School Pool)
- Indoor Walking (Free!!! All winter long at Fenton High School. Just stop by the SLPR office to pick up your walking pass today.)
- Open Art Studio on Wednesday at FCCC (Free! bring your art materials and create your own masterpiece while chatting with new friends).
- Senior Fridays (all year long! Fantastic group of delightful seniors)
- Back to the Bricks in Fenton & Linden (this August!)
- Concert Series in Fenton & Linden (during the summer months)
Our team has been out making connections with many of the local senior assisted living facilities, and we can’t wait to meet new seniors in the area. We truly enjoy seeing the happiness these programs bring to the Senior community and are striving to bring even more senior programming to the Fenton area.
The winter months can be long, especially after the holidays. Join us for an activity this winter, right here in downtown Fenton!
Our Senior Fridays program is sponsored in part by The FCCC, The State Bank, Genesee County Senior Grant, & SLPR.